Tuesday, June 28, 2011

When The Son Shines...




When The Son Shines

Desperate
scared...
lonely
and depressed...
a pebble in the ocean
lost in the abyss of the world

self esteem
blowing in the wind and
consciousness
slipping in and out...
reality
nowhere to be found

dreams so foul that
nightmares shy away and
goals so low that
a single positive whisper
could not find a way in...
sealed...without a shred of hope

inspiration
vehemently laughed
spitting lies in my face
when it was
designed
to lift me

my rope was ready
my
preferred poison picked
ready
to declare that
enough is enough

until I
felt the presence of
something else
something that
seemed different that
seemed to be pushing me...
placing me on
a path that I hadn't traveled before
an
alternate route
giving me
a clear path
through my
clouded judgment
a
new way
out of what seemed like
no way at all

that day
the Son shined on me and
it was
at the exact moment
when I used
my last ounce of strength
my
last shred of faith
to call on Him
and He
released me
from the bondage of my own mind
so that
I could live the life that
His Father
intended for me


©2011 Don Savant

0 comments: