Thursday, June 16, 2011

Refusing Silence

Refusing Silence

i pick up my pen
to write the words that
all mankind needs to hear me say but
why is my voice not heard
have i been
permanently placed on mute
has my
signal been permanently blocked
how can i
reach those who thirst
yet are being held in famine
being pulled into
false realities
when the truth
is only one page away
listen
to the voice inside your heart
pay attention
to all of your surroundings
believe
what you know to be true from knowledge of self
and let no one trick you
leading you to fall for what’s not real
hear my voice…
listen
as i bring forth wisdom
for i am not afraid to go against the grain
i trust in my own perception of the world
and
i wonder
where we have all gone wrong
hear me…
believe me…
and release yourselves from the rut
that society has forced you in
speak you mind
live your life
and be
who you are
as opposed to
who they tell you to be


Taken from the 2009 PublishAmerica release "The Lyrics of My Soul"



Available at:

Barnes and Noble


Amazon


Paperback: 110 pages
Publisher: PublishAmerica (October 19, 2009)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 1448927315
ISBN-13: 978-1448927319

0 comments: