Thursday, June 23, 2011

Think Past Your Struggles

Today was a struggle for me. It seemed that everything that could go wrong did so. After the first encounter that didn't go as I'd hoped, it snowballed into one encounter after the next. However, through each moment I smiled, and carried myself as I normally would. I made a conscious decision to not let those things bother me, especially the moments that were out of my control. Had I not done that, there's no telling the state of mind I would have allowed myself in, or what I'd have ended up doing. I'm pretty sure that it would have been very unnecessary.

We all encounter these moments in our lives, whether it's daily, weekly, monthly or otherwise. It's up to us to have a strong enough mindset to think our way past those moments. Shift your focus to something that makes you happy rather than dwelling on that particular situation. I promise you it will make all the difference in the world. If it didn't, I'd be sharing a completely different story. Keep yourselves in the midst of the spirit of elevation.

-Don Savant

0 comments: