Saturday, August 17, 2013

Live and Learn

This week I learned something life-changing. It's something that I saw coming but I didn't really believe it could happen. I will not go into detail about the revelations that have unfolded over the last seven days but I will say that it has been eye-opening for me and that from now moving forward, things will change.

I've learned that no matter how nice you are to people or how hard you work, if those people don't appreciate you while you're doing what you do, odds are they never will. Now I'm not planning on discontinuing my nice guy persona or slacking off in my work but, now that I truly know that all of my hard work has gone and will continue to go unnoticed and unrewarded, I am shifting my focus.

I am digging deeper into my dreams. I am beginning now to live the life that God has in store for me. I will follow His path closer than I ever have before because working hard day in and out, sacrificing your heart, soul and pouring out sweat and tears without any form of recognition is a losing battle.

Follow your dreams ladies and gentlemen. Don't be a slave to someone else's time clock all of your life. Doing that will only help someone else's dream continue to come true.

I'm going to follow the path that God laid out for me. What about you?

-Don Savant

0 comments: