Friday, August 9, 2013

Life Lesson 8-9-2013










Today I learned a lesson in patience. For a while I've considered myself a patient person but in the past, I can admit to having a very short fuse when it comes to certain things. There was a gentleman I spoke with before today that I sort of started losing my patience with because I couldn't understand what he was saying. He spoke low and his words didn't come out as clear as I thought they should.

Today as I approached my station, that same gentleman was sitting there and I stopped short, but something pushed me towards him. Before I even spoke to him, something came over me and I began to smile.

During our conversation, I found out that this man has survived a stroke, a heart attack and prostate cancer. He's been through all of that and with every word he spoke, he still smiled. That's a man who truly has joy and it made my heart feel good to stand there talking to him. This is the same man that I wrote off before and put in the "don't want to talk to" column until now. Now I will be more than willing to converse with him because I could see God all over him.

Sometimes we lose focus when things don't go as we plan but we have to stop and realize that it's not our plan that we need to put our all into, it's God's plan.

Suddenly, my problems don't seem so big anymore and I have yet another reason to praise Him for everything He's done for me. Whenever you need perspective in your life, talk to someone who's been through more than you have and still smiles and still thanks God for it. I guarantee that you will feel better and act better.

I hope all of you have a blessed weekend.

-Don Savant, Poet Extraordinaire

0 comments: