Friday, August 7, 2009

Tax Free Weekend...Yay!!!

Hopefully, the sarcasm in my title was evident. I can't begin to tell you how much I despise tax free weekend in SC. Don't get me wrong, I'm for anything that helps anyone save money but...if you're not buying huge amounts or big ticket items, where's the savings? I believe that the best thing to do for any back to school shopping, especially to avoid the huge crowds is to keep an eye on sales weeks prior to tax free weekend. Especially on things like, pens and pencils, notebooks, highlighters, etc. You never know, that 75 cent notebook thats you're saving 6% sales tax on could have been on sale for 55 cents a week or two prior, which ends up being less than 75 cents even with sales tax. The only thing I would even consider wasting my energy on would be a computer. For all else, give me a less busy store with a parking lot that I can find a space in, shorter lines, and decent prices. For all those scrambling out to save those pennies, good luck and God speed to you. While you're shopping, be nice to those at the stores that are there to assist you. As a consumer, you can't imagine how stressful this weekend can be.

Y'all be blessed.

0 comments: