Saturday, August 29, 2009

Happy Birthday Michael...R.I.P.

The lyrics to MJ's Gone Too Soon ring true today as the world both remembers and celebrates his birthday. The tragedy of his life was, that his talent could never truly speak loud enough for people to just sit back and listen instead of talking and gossiping, ridiculing, and accusing. Mike entertained the world in more ways that any performer I've ever seen. When he sang, I sang along, when he danced, I watched closely, and when he spoke, I listened attentively. He commanded your attention with everything that he did.

There is now a void in the world, in the entertainment field. It wasn't often that you heard any new Michael, but his every effort was so timeless that it carried you through until that new release finally surfaced. Even then, you could still go back and play the old classics along with the new ones. Everything he touched was platinum status and beyond. I've heard people ask, who will be the next Mike Jackson? My answer to that is, there will never be. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family, his friends, his children, and his true fans. You will forever be alive, simply because you left so much of yourself with us, embedded in your music, your videos, your films. Your legacy will continue forever through song and dance, through imitation and innovation but rest assured, you're just another part of us, that can never be duplicated.

Happy Birthday and R.I.P. Mr. Moonwalker.

0 comments: