Monday, November 16, 2015

In The Dark

In The Dark

Our timing is off...
Like blown out light bulbs...
Me flipping the switch to
Receive no response from
What used to burn so brightly from within...
Smiles now dim like
Fully tinted windows...
Looking
Looking
With all my might
For what I used to see in you...

Our timing is off
No change of belt
Can remedy the rhythm that we've lost
Off beat
Like a rhythm-less dancer
In the streets
Making a mockery of himself
Yet
Refusing to
Give up that which sits inside of him
That tells him
He's a great dancer...

I still hope
In the darkness
That I can reach you
That I can...
Teach you how to love me...
Teach you teach you how to love me...
Because I can still see
The loveliness that lies within us
Even if
I've been blacked out
Of your life...

0 comments: