Friday, May 8, 2015

Fresh From The Mind of Don Savant...















In Love By Now

I’m
Supposed to be in love by now…
I’m
Supposed to
Inhale thoughts of you with
Every breath I take
Refusing to
Exhale
The parts of you that
Make you…you

I’m
Supposed to be in love by now…
Hand in hand
Heart to heart
One soul...
As cliché as it sounds…
It feels right
It is…
Right
But as of yet
That feeling is not with me…

I’m
Supposed to be in love by now…
With my spirit
Doing the harlem shake
Every time I
Think of you…
Every time I’m
Next to you and
Every time
We make plans to do
What people in love do
When people in love do
What people in love do…

I’m
Supposed to be in love by now…
But the world insists that
Fairy tales don’t exist
Even when
God’s word says
That He who findeth…
And my mind is…
Torn between His truth
And my current reality
For all the times I’ve
Reached out to love
Only to
Find that my arms
Seem too short to
Get a firm grasp
Of the greatness that was developed
By God
Just to make me smile
An unending smile…

I want to be
I need to be
I long to be
I live to be
I love to be…
I’m
Supposed to be
In love right now…

©2015 Don Savant Poetry

‪#‎poetry‬ ‪#‎love‬ ‪#‎donsavant‬ ‪#‎truth‬ ‪#‎amwriting‬ @donsavant @PENAsheMagazine

Truetry: Poetic Conversations Coming May 26th





0 comments: