Thursday, January 1, 2015

A Glitch In My Happy

It took a very long time for my New Year to be happy again, even though it still hasn't been received on the same level as it once was. Why? Because on January 1st of 1994, I spent the evening with my family in the emergency room awaiting the news that my maternal grandmother had passed away. Since then, the fall/winter holiday stretch has not been my favorite time of the year. From Labor Day weekend, where I lost my maternal grandfather way back in 1978 to the middle of October when my paternal grandmother passed away. Then there's my oldest sister who passed away right at Thanksgiving and my dad who passed away on Christmas Eve.

As if that were not enough grief through sad memories to deal with, I find out today that my great-aunt has passed away.

Happy New Year.


0 comments: