Monday, July 16, 2012

Don Savant Confession: I Almost Gave Up






I used to frequent the message boards on Tyler Perry's website. I'd been silently fighting my worst bout with depression at that point. I was on the edge, literally about to jump over. In a moment of desperation I reached out on the forum. At the rate people posted there, I knew I wasn't going to get a reply from anyone. Almost immediately, I received an e-mail from 3 individuals encouraging me. One in particular started keeping a check on me daily. She informed me a few days into our correspondence that she'd looked me up on the net and found some of my poetry. She used the very thing i was blessed with to turn around and bless and encourage me. Not a week later, I ran into a gentleman at work seeking to find out how he could have his upcoming book carried in our store.

After speaking with him, he gave me the info to contact his publishing company. If it were not for Tyler Perry's website, the young lady that reached out to me and the gentleman that shared his info with me, Don Savant's Book of Poems, Sonnets and Vows for Relationships and Weddings and all that I have done after it may not exist. This is a shining example and testimony of how God will send you exactly what and who we need right when He knows we need it the most. Don't give up on your dreams y'all. They are placed in you for a reason. Things may get bad...it may seems as if there's no way but He will always make a way for you if you just hold on.

I hope this blesses and encourages someone.

0 comments: