Thursday, February 17, 2011

Random

SO I met this girl a few months ago. I decided to stay true to my upbringing and take things slowly, reintroducing her to the "getting to know you" phase of budding relationships. Everything has been going well, and with the busy schedule I keep, it all works out. Apparently, I was wrong, because it seems that it's only working out for me. She asks me the other day why we never go out. I told her, we hang out occasionally, whenever a spare moment arises, and we speak very frequently. I promised her though, that my next day off, I'd give her all the time and attention she craves. That's not enough. Why? Because I want all of you all the time. So I say ok, but right now all I can give you is the contents of my heart and mind. So she says that I'm just cheap...that if I can't spend anything but my spare time on her then it's not worth it. I tell her money doesn't matter. I've gifted her several times and I thought that it was sufficient, but now I know otherwise. S I say baby, i'm far from broke and she says..that's got to be a joke. With nothing to hide, I show her my bank statement. She laughs and says, brotha it's tax time, if you want to impress me show it again around August. I said how about this. I work all the time, and when I'm not working I'm writing, and when I'm not writing, I'm with you. What else can I do? She said..what are you writing? I said our future. She said really, what's it about? I said it doesn't matter anymore because this chapter just came to a close......

0 comments: