Monday, July 12, 2010

Let Me Teach You How To Smile Again

Let Me teach You How To Smile Again

gone are the painful days
all the hurt
the
broken promises
the
shattered dreams...

a new life begins now
with God
with me
with...us
starting fresh and
leaving the past
buried
in your rear view mirror

let me
teach you
how to smile again
that it may
from this day forth
forever
come naturally to you

let me
restore the happiness
that once resided in you
the trust
that you always gave
the love
that he spoke of
yet never delivered

let me love you
like you've always dreamed
remember
how you felt
when
those fantasies roamed through your mind
when
you were touched...
mind body and soul
completely
just as a woman should be

let me
walk with you
not behind you
not in front of you
but besides you
just as we were meant to be
rejoined
as man an woman
honoring you
with every step we take

let me
teach
you how to
smile again
ear to ear
cheekbones rising
eyes sparkling
teeth showing
with a hint of
what we call blushing

allow God
to show you
why I'm here
to verify to you...
that the past is gone
and our future
resides within
the permanent embrace
that He has placed in our souls

©2010 Don Savant, All Rights Reserved

0 comments: