Sunday, July 24, 2011

Excuses Excuses

I'm blessed. There's no doubt about that. I'm so very grateful for what I have, for the things that I can do and for having the ability to share things with people that can possibly help them in their journey through life.

I often ask myself though, why am I not satisfied? Why do I feel so ungrateful at times? Sometimes I'm in a place where I feel as if I can do more and be more than what I am. I ask why I haven't accomplished more than I have. Again, I'm grateful, but my mind stays busy wondering how I can achieve more and I sometimes get stuck in a hamster wheel so to speak trying to figure things out.

Life has absolutely no limits whatsoever. We have been blessed with a power so great within us that we don't even realize. What we speak becomes our truth. I'm guilty of second-guessing myself, of doubting my talents which is a blatant slap in the face to my gifts. The one thing about gifts is that they can be taken away if they aren't used properly.

After all the thinking and the doubting and the wondering I now realize that it's me. It's not the people around me, it's not my family or friends, it's me. I am holding myself back from where i need to be.

All this time I've focused on the things I want to do, the things that I need to accomplish and have in my life but when it comes down to it, it's all about God. God has a very specific plan for our lives. He places us in situations and around people to teach us something. When we learn the things we are supposed to learn then He moves us. He moves us to our rightful spot in this world. If we listen and pay attention to the things that He is showing and telling us we will see that He offers us a road map to our lives.

I now know that procrastination is my enemy and that my trials are the tests that fuel my testimony. Everything I've learned must now be applied and once that application has taken place I will begin to move forward. God is always present in our lives and He moves us by faith so if you don't believe in yourself, it's as if you're saying that you have no faith in Him because He made you to be something specific, to do something specific on this earth.

It's time that I tuck away my inhibitions, release myself from the bondage of shyness and stop letting fear run my life. God is here with me...He always has been and now is the time for me to truly recognize and follow Him to the place that He needs me to be.

Father I'm listening now...I have no more excuses.

-Don Savant

0 comments: