Monday, May 26, 2008

The Color of Sound

I have never been a political person. As a matter of fact, I could care less about who was running our country. These days, my opinion is just a little different. Don't get me wrong, I'm still not deep into politics, but I am for a change, if it is for the better. That brings me to the reason for this post.

I was browsing through a message board the other day and, someone posted a thread about why he thought black people were standing so closely behind Obama. He asked what black people feel they could get out of a black president. My reply to him was this...

If you were blind..and could only LISTEN to what's being presented to you by the presidential nominees and race was never mentioned...

who would get your vote?

Think about that. If race or gender was not evident in this election, and instead of seeing the candidates on television and on youtube, or what ever source that exists for video entertainment, who would be your choice? If we had to read transcripts of the plans of all three candidates and base our decisions off of what we are reading, which candidate would make more sense to you? We have one that is almost promising more of what we have right now, and then we have 2 others that have similr ideas but are getting the across so differently that it's not evident what the plan of one may clearly be. I'm not going to sit here at this moment and tell you who I'm choosing, but my choice, makes sense to me. I will say this though, concerning Barack, since some people choose to only focus on the color of his skin. Judge not, because his outward appearance is not 100% of who he his. He is a man of mixed heritage and he is proud of who he is, he is proud to be in the position that he is in and has worked as hard as any man, no matter his nationality, to accomplish what he has.

The next time you see these candidates on television, close your eyes. Listen to their ideas. Apply them to yourself and see whose mindset if the closest to the one we need running this country, instead of the one you know will further ruin it.

0 comments: